How To | Create Perfect Eyebrows Using Makeup.

Hello Everyone .. 

In this post I am going to share with you a few easy tips that will enable you to have the perfect eyebrow shape. My eye brows are slightly thinner than I would like them to be - I like them thick & strong,  so I usually use makeup to define them & get them in the shape that I like. This is how I do it:


What you need: 

  • An eyebrow pencil or shadow. For more natural looking eyebrows, use powder pencils. I use Dior powder eyebrow pencil.
  • Brow spoolie brush (some eyebrow pencils have this on one end) 
  • Eye shadow brush (only if you use eyebrow shadow)
  • Brow gel. If you don't have brow gel, you can use a transparent mascara. I have been too lazy to go buy brow gel, so instead I use Flormar lash lift transparent volume mascara.


spoolie brush

Simple tips:

  • If your eyebrows are fair, use eyebrow pencil/shadow that is 2 shades darker than your hair.
  • If your eyebrows are dark, use eyebrow pencil/shadow that matches your eyebrows colour.
  • For more natural-looking eyebrows; use powder eyebrows pencils.

Brush your eyebrows:

Start by brushing the eyebrows using a spoolie brush. Brush them in the direction of their growth to make it easier to figure out where they should begin, end & arch.

Eyebrows shape:

  1. To find where your eyebrows should begin; line up your eyebrow pencil (or any other long, thin instrument) from the edge of your nose to the inner corners of your eyes. Mark the place where your eyebrow pencil meets your brow bone - that's where your eyebrow begins.
  2. To find where your eyebrows should end; line up your instrument from the edge of your nose to the outer corners of your eyes. Mark where your instrument & your brow bone meet; that's where your eyebrow ends.
  3. To determine where your eyebrow arch should peak; look straight into the mirror, line up your instrument with the edge of your nose and the middle of your pupil. Where the instrument crosses your eyebrow; that is where your arch should peak. 

Beginning, ending & arching of eyebrows

Filling in the eyebrows:

The thickness of your eyebrows depends on how naturally thick/thin they are & also on your own personal preference; you might like them thick & bushy (like me :3) or thin & well done.
  • Using your eyebrow pencil, line along the upper edge of your brow & then along the bottom edge {I use Dior powder eye pencil. If you're still searching for your perfect eyebrow pencil, then I totally recommend it to you. It is very easy to use & lasts the whole day}
  • With small, gentle strokes; fill in the empty spots between the two edges. Do this until you have covered the entire eyebrow area. Repeat according to how light or dark you want your brows to be.
  • You can top your eyebrows with a layer of eyebrow shadow, but that is not necessary. 

Flormar lash lift transparent volume mascara & Dior powder eyebrow pencil

Dior powder eyebrow pencil

Finishing touches:

  • Brush your brows again using the spoolie brush, to make sure that all the hairs are in place.
  • Set your eyebrows with the brow gel or with the transparent mascara. This helps your eyebrows stay in place.
  • Check your eyebrows.



Avoid:

  • Drawing harsh lines. This will give you scouse brows!
  • Making eyebrows longer using eyebrow pencil; they will look unnatural.
  • Substituting brow shadow with eye shadow. Eye shadow is more pigmented than brow shadow, which - again - will make your brows look unnatural.

Hope you found this post useful. What products do you use to define & fill in your eyebrows? Tell me about them!

4 comments :

  1. Great post http://differentcands.blogspot.kr/2013/08/classy-look-for-formal-event.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really thorough and helpful post, thank you for sharing. I like to use my HD Eyes and Brows palette in Vamp, and also the HD brows Browbeater, to keep the colours sealed and the hairs in place. I don't tend to use pencil, I find it leaves waxy residue on my hairs which can feel heavy. Loving your blog!

    www.inkquisite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have looked up the "HD eyes & brows palate".. it looks so good! I might actually go try it out!

      Yes, unfortunately some brow pencils give a very waxy finish, that's why I always go for "powder" brow pencils!

      Thanks for visiting my blog : )

      Delete