Clarins Bright Plus Collection

(Old post, reposted)

I have previously posted a blog post about my daily skin care routine - in which I featured the Clarins Bright Plus (White Plus) collection - but in that post I did not include my thoughts about each product. Today I decided to share with you the reasons why I like this collection and how I benefited from it. 

I started university at the age of 17, and that was when I began facing problems with my skin due to over exposure to the sun, stress and sleep-deprivation which made my skin appear so dull. My main concern was the exposure to the extremely strong sun that we have here in the middle east, as it was making my skin tone uneven.
I took some time to experiment with other beauty products from other brands, but I used basic products like a cleanser, a moisturizing cream and a toner. Some of the brands that I tried were helpful and felt good on the skin, but unfortunately some circumstances occurred and the products that I was using were discontinued. 
My fear from the strong exposure to the Arab heat and the sun started to grow - you would probably feel the same if you lived in this part of the world - and what made it worse is that I had to get between classes at university under the sizzling sun which really damaged my skin. The areas exposed to the sun were remarkably darker than those that weren't, and at that time I realized that what I should be aiming to buy for my skin should be able to target my sensitivity to the sun. The uneven skin tone did not look pretty, and I strongly desired a healthy looking and even skin tone. 
The ultimate advise that I would give to everybody facing trouble with their skin is to take time and look deeply at your skin condition, the causes, and research the skin care products very well before purchasing them. I did so much research about the Clarins products before deciding to purchase the entire kit, because I was not going to put my money into something that was not designed to help me with my problems. I was thrilled by what Clarins was offering, and since then I fell in love with the brand 





White Plus (Bright Plus) Collection by Clarins


This collection contains a facial cleanser, day & night moisturizer creams, a serum, an exfoliator & a set of masks. I will only be reviewing the products that I have been using in here {which are: pearl-to-cream brightening cleanser, intensive whitening smoothing serum, whitening velvet emulsion & whitening repairing night cream} & not everything in the collection:

Pearl-to-Cream Brightening Cleanser

Price 
I do not remember the exact prices for these products {I purchased them months ago} but I can give you a rough idea about them. The cleanser & the day time moisturizer each cost something between 10-20 Omani Riyals, while the serum & the night time moisturizer each costs 30-something Omani Riyals.

Packaging 
The packaging isn't very fancy. The cleanser comes in a white tube, which makes it a little bit hard to squeeze out the last bit of it when it's nearly finished. Both the serum & the day time moisturizer cream come in plastic containers which have pumps at their top parts. The pump ensures that the product comes out easily & without any mess. The night time moisturizer cream comes in a jar-like glass container.

Smell & Texture
 The smell of all of the products isn't strong, but they all smells nice and natural. The texture of the day time moisturizer is fluid, while the texture of the other products is creamy. They are all absorbed nicely by the skin and are suitable for all skin types.

Intensive Whitening Smoothing Serum

How to Apply 
Pearl-to-Cream Brightening Cleanser: I apply this cleanser by taking a small amount in my hand and then massage it over my face with light circular motion. I then rinse with cool waterIt leaves my face feeling refreshed and well cleansed.

Intensive Whitening Smoothing Serum: I apply a small amount with a pressing motion to my face. This serum is very light on the skin, so you feel as if you haven't applied anything on your face.

Whitening velvet emulsion: I apply it to my face in the morning after I apply the serum. It has SPF 20, so it gives my skin protection as well as moisture. It is also very light on the skin, so if you apply more sun-block cream on your face after applying this moisturizer, you wouldn't need to worry about an oily or a heavy feeling on your skin. Your face will still feel as if you haven't applied anything on it.

Whitening Repairing Night Cream: I apply this cream after the serum in the evenings. I apply it to my face using light pressing motions.

How Much Do You Need? 
You only need a small amount of these products every time you use them, so they last for a long time. The cleanser & the serum usually last for about 7 months, while the moisturizers last for a little less than a year.

Whitening Velvet Emulsion

Results
Using this collection, my skin tone has become more even, much healthier & more radiant. It has given my skin moisture & protection from the sun. It has also helped reduce skin discolorations that I previously had. My skin has become glowing & I have definitely noticed a massive difference that no other products have given.



Pros 

Easy to apply.
Protection from the sun.
Evens out skin tone.
Smooths out the skin.
Gets rid of dark spots & any skin discolorations.
Night Cream contains vitamin C which helps protect skin from dullness & stress.
Gives skin natural glow.
Doesn't give a greasy finish.
Very light on skin.

Cons
Slightly expensive. 
Some of the products in the collection have been discontinued.


Whitening Repairing Night Cream

Do I recommend it? 
Yes! 
If you get too much sun exposure or you have any discolorations or uneven skin tone, I definitely advise you to go for this Clarins Bright Plus/White Plus collection.
Something I thought I should mention; although these products are also for whitening, they haven't made my skin any paler! I have been using these products for almost 4 years now & they have helped me get rid of the discolorations I previously had, corrected my skin complexion, given me an even skin tone & always protecting my skin from sun exposure.



I apologize for the long review, but I hope you found it useful! 

If you have any questions about this collection, please leave them in the comment section. 

3 comments :

  1. Very good review. I am also a huge fan of Clarins.

    Keep up the good work.

    Lots of love,

    Balsam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome review! I was hesitant to purchase these because of the price but Clarins brand has never let me down. I've tried a lot of brightening products by Lancome, Clinique, and some Japanese brands that haven't really worked. I'm glad I ordered this. Your review really helped.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend is a die-hard fan of Clarins and I also have started liking their products. I use the Clarins White Plus Cream and it has really worked well for my skin. Would definitely recommend.

    ReplyDelete