My World in Pictures | Celebrating Eid Al Fitr 2013.

(old post, reposted)

Yesterday was the first day of Eid Al Fitr in Oman. As usual, I was the last one to wake up! When I woke up, everyone was already dressed up & dad was already back from Eid prayers. 


My little sister curled her hair and wore a beautiful white & gold traditional dress.


I did my best to get ready super quickly. In the end I managed to get ready in less than half an hour.

Once everyone was ready, we headed to my grandparents' house. My aunties, uncles and their kids were already there. After saying hello to everyone, we ate "Orsiyah" - one of my most favourite Omani dishes of all time! Then, it was the time for Eid money. Unfortunately I didn't get lots of money this Eid T.T


The weather had been so cloudy all morning & by the time it was 3 pm, it rained heavily for about half an hour. By 5 pm, we were all in the mood for something cold to eat, so we bought some ice cream.


Eid is all about gold and glamour for us girls. All girls wore gold jewelry and colourful dresses. We did our makeup, hair and nails. Because I woke up late, I had to do my nails in the car on our way to my grandparents' house. I chose the limited edition nail polishes from "Marks & Spencer" in shades Jewel & Gold Shimmer. They went nicely with my dress. 


& of course I didn't forget my signature bold lips. 
I put on my Chanel Rouge Allure lipstick in shade 99 - Pirate.


My look is never complete without my watch. 


In the evening, the whole family was gathered for a very delicious barbecue.
We returned home tired, after a long day filled with fun!

Eid Mubarak : )

6 comments :

  1. Great post! I loved the photographs Xo

    Balsam - www.albalsamlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, so gorgeous!! i love how luxurious and colorful everything looks, especially with the gold accents xx

    Natalie | Salt & Sail

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos are lovely, love all the rich colours here! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE THE PICTURES! They're so prettyyyy
    Eid moubarak darling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always fascinated by these traditions. Love your photos and also the watch, oohhh <3

    www.kristianavasarina.com

    ReplyDelete