Dior, Clarins & YSL: Which Kohl Pencil is the Best?

Hello Everyone .. 

Because I am a huge kohl addict, I decided that this post is going to be all about kohl pencils. Yaay!
I have been using kohl pencils since I was 14 & I have used many different kohl pencils from various brands, some of which I liked & some I didn't. In this post I am going to tell you about the 3 kohl pencils that I have been using & I will share with you my thoughts and opinions on them. Lets get started: 


Price:
  • Clarins: 8 Omani Rials. 
  • Dior: 11 Omani Rials.
  • YSL: 19 Omani Rials.

The Look:
  • Clarins: I absolutely love the blackness of Clarins' kohl pencil & the pointed tip at one end. It looks very classy & elegant. 
  • Dior: Dior kohl pencil comes with a sharpener & used to have a brush on one end to help with the smudging of the kohl, but they have changed it, so now it doesn't have the smudging brush anymore.
  • YSL: looks very classy in a black & gold pencil.

►Sharpening: they are all very easy to sharpen.


Colours: I am using the following colours:
  • Clarins in 01 - extreme black. 
  • Dior in 099 - noir black.
  • YSL in 1 - black ink.

How Black are They?
  • Clarins: I would say this is more of a soft black in colour.. Not a very deep black. 
  • Dior: not very deep black.
  • YSL: jet black! It is unbelievable how black this kohl is. It is very, very black.

Kohl Texture:
  • Clarins: soft. 
  • Dior: soft.
  • YSL: soft and very creamy.


Usage:
  • Clarins: because of the soft texture & the soft black colour of this kohl, you may need to glide it more than once over the area that you want to apply the kohl on to get the desired dark black colour. This makes it very difficult to smudge it.
  • Dior: It is slightly creamier than Clarins', which makes it easier to reach the desired dark black colour when applying this kohl. Unfortunately, its colour lightens out when smudged.
  • YSL: this is very easy to apply due to its creaminess and its very deep black colour. It glides very smoothly and easily on the water & lash lines without any need to tug it or pull it. It can be smudged very easily to give a smokey eye effect.

Staying Power:
  • Clarins: long lasting if you're staying indoors, but not very long lasting when you go outdoors. It easily melts if the weather is too warm, which can give you panda eyes. 
  • Dior: very long lasting. It is waterproof, smudge-proof & does not melt even when the weather is too warm, so you don't have to worry about getting panda eyes with this one.
  • YSL: long lasting if the weather is cold or if you're staying indoors, but since its very creamy, it easily melts when the weather is warm!

Left to right: YSL, Dior & Clarins.

►& the Winner is: Dior of course!! .. it has all things I want in a kohl pencil: the long lasting power, waterproof & smudge-proof. It does not melt or smear below the eyes in this very hot weather, which makes it suitable for every day use. The only negative feature about this kohl pencil is that it does not have the darkest shade of black, but you can reach the desired shade of black if you glide it more than once on the area that you want to apply it on. 
I will definitely keep on purchasing this Dior kohl pencil & I highly recommend it to all of you kohl lovers out there.

{If you live in a place where the weather isn't very warm, then I would advise you to go for YSL kohl pencil instead, since it would be the most suitable kohl pencil for everyday & special occasions use.} 


Hope you enjoyed reading this post. If you have any questions about any of the products mentioned above, then please leave them in the comment section. You can also tell me which kohl pencil is your favourite & why.

4 comments :

  1. Very good comparison, I loved this post.

    with love,

    Balsam - www.albalsamlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I could be without my kohl pencil! I'll have to try the YSL one, I like them to be really dark and it annoys me when I buy a pencil which comes out a grey colour! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!
      The YSL pencil is very dark, I think you'll like it.

      Thanks for visiting my blog =)

      Delete